Some meats contain more saturated fatty acids (such as pork) while some contain more unsaturated fatty acids (e.g. fish). Unsaturated fatty acids are healthier than saturated, therefore you should eat more fish than pork.
This diet also includes the increased intake of eggs, because they are also rich in protein. Unfortunately, the yellow part of egg (yolk) contain high percentage of fat (especially cholesterol).
What this diet does not allow is the increased intake of carbohydrates. You should not eat the following: bread, pasta, sweets and other foods that have a lot of carbohydrates.
You should not drink carbonated soft beverages, sweetened tea or coffee. You can only drink freshly squeezed fruit juices such as lemon juice or orange juice.
This diet is based on the fact that if you do not eat carbohydrates, your body will break down the fatty deposits, and thereby produce energy necessary for the body to keep functioning (its function). This makes sense as long as you do not eat too much meat. If you eat only protein foods but in large amounts then these proteins will convert into carbohydrates in the body in order to provide the necessary energy.
Do not think that you can eat protein foods as much as you want. It is necessary to limit the intake of these foods so you do not gain weight. If we take into consideration that the early human ate exclusively meat and yet survived and developed, then this diet makes sense.
What you might find strange about this diet is that it recommends reduced fruit and vegetable consumption because they are rich in carbohydrates. Fruits contain complex carbohydrates (which are by the way the 'good ones') which are important to our body. Also, it is well known that the fruits contain high levels of vitamins and minerals that are the essential compounds that our body needs for normal functioning. But if you eat fruits during this diet, then its efficacy will be reduced, because when you eat carbs, your body will not break down the fat from your fatty deposits, which means that you are not going to lose weight.
But, this diet involves intake of vegetables, which are equally rich in vitamins and minerals, as well as fruits, so this diet still provides everything your body needs.
As all other diets, this one also has its advantages and disadvantages. If you choose this meal plan, our advice is not to use it for more than three months.
Meat diet - meal plan
- Take freshly squeezed lemon juice immediately after waking up.
- For breakfast you can eat a two-egg omelet.
- 7 ounces (200 grams) of skinless, cooked chicken with lettuce, onion
- 1.5 ounces (approximately 50 grams) of hard cheese.
- 5.5 ounces (150 grams) of hake
- 1/2 cup of chopped tomato or cucumber.
- Take freshly squeezed orange juice right after getting up.
- Than take 4.5 ounces of tuna (with no vegetables) and salad by your choice (lettuce, tomato or cucumber)
- 4 ounces (120 grams) of low-fat veal
- one cup (2.6 oz. or 75 grams) of shredded lettuce spiced with sea salt and olive oil.
- 6 ounces of salmon (170 grams)
- one cup of chopped cucumber.
- Three soft-boiled eggs
- 1/2 cup of bell peppers (approximately 90 grams or 3.1 oz.)
- 1 ounce of cheese camembert.
- 5.5 ounces (150 grams) of hake
- one cup of vegetable salad.
- 7 ounces of chicken white meat (breast or wings) with lettuce spiced with olive oil.
- Three-egg omelet
- 1.5 ounces of cheese (50 grams)
- 1/2 cup (75 grams or 2.6 oz.) of cucumber.
- 6 ounces (170 grams) of beef
- one cup (100 grams) of tomatoes.
- 5 ounces of white turkey meat
- one cup of tomato, onion and cucumber salad.
- Two hard-boiled eggs
- 3 ounces of cheese 20% fat
- 7 ounces of white turkey meat with mixed salad (cucumber, peppers, tomatoes and cheese).
- One cup of tuna salad. You can combine canned tuna, cucumber and onion.
Total intake for these five days is about 5,000 calories (an average of 1,000 calories per day). The usual daily requirements depend on body weight, height, physical activity and age. Use our calculator to calculate how much calories you need daily.
To lose one pound of body weight (0.45 kg), you need to lose 3,500 calories.
So when you calculate your caloric daily needs you will be able to calculate precisely how much pounds of weight you will lose for certain period of time.
If your caloric daily needs are 2,100 calories, this means that you will lose on average:
2,100 - 1,000 = 1,100 calories per day.
So, you are going to lose approximately 1,100 calories per day which means that you are going to lose 7,700 calories (7 x 1100 = 7700) per week or 2.2 lbs.
You can drink up to 4 cups of coffee a day but it has to be sugarless. Unsweetened tea is also allowed. You can also take fresh fruit juices every morning before breakfast, or even before each meal. Fresh fruit juices are proved to be excellent beverages that accelerate the metabolism and are rich in vitamins.